Due to the changes brought about by Covid-19, Adopt A Grandparent Day will be different this year. Understandably, volunteers we will not be allowed to enter facilities. However, with your help we hope to make a difference again this year.
Our plan is to deliver laminated cards, letters and drawings along with a decorated treasure box filled with requested items and prizes for bingo and other games to each facility.
Here is how you can help.
- Create and mail cards, letters and pictures to us at 15431 O’Neal Road, Suite B, Gulfport, MS 39503; they need to be received by August 21st. If you are able to collect multiple items, call us and we can arrange a drop off point. These will be laminated and distributed to facilities; they can be sanitized once laminated.
- Volunteer to help us laminate the items we receive. Contact us for more information.
- Purchase and decorate one of our specified “treasure boxes” and deliver to us to by August 21st.
- Go to our Amazon wish list, https://smile.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3E08ZHU5MXJLS/ref=cm_go_nav_hz, purchase items off our list and have them shipped directly to us to be received by August 21st. The list can also be found on our Facebook page and website.
- Consider having your business or organization adopt a facility and take on the task of completing and delivering the box yourself. Monetary donations are welcome to aid in purchase of items for the facilities.
- Volunteer to help us fill our treasure boxes and deliver them to the facilities on September 11th.
- Spread the word! We need your help to make a difference again this year.
For more information call my office, 228-206-5902, or contact me through email.