We are expecting to be able to visit residents IN PERSON again this year! The Treasure Boxes we’ve done in recent years have been very much appreciated by the residents, so we will continue those as well. Our plan is for Treasure Boxes to be delivered to the nursing homes on Saturday, Sept. 10. Volunteers will also be able to sign up to visit a specific home in person on that day (in-person visit registration will open this summer).
Here is how you can help:
- Create and mail cards, letters, and artwork to us at 15431 O’Neal Rd. Suite B Gulfport, MS 39503; they need to be received by August 26th. If you are able to collect multiple items, call us and we can arrange a drop off point. These will be laminated and included in the Treasure Boxes.
- Volunteer to help us laminate the items we receive. We will host two separate days at our office for volunteers to help us fill out cards, color pictures, and laminate the items we receive. Contact us to sign up.
- Laminating Day 1: Tuesday August 23rd 9AM-1PM
- Laminating Day 2: Tuesday August 30th 9AM-1PM
- Purchase and decorate one of our Treasure Boxes and deliver to us by August 19th.
- Go to our Amazon Wish List: https://smile.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3E08ZHU5MXJLS/ref=cm_go_nav_hz , purchase items off the list and have them shipped directly to us to be received by August 26th.
- Consider having your business or organization adopt a facility and take on the task of completing and delivering the Treasure Box yourself. Monetary donations are welcome to aid in the purchase of items for the facilities. More info on Adoption can be found on the Sponsor Form.
- Volunteer to help us fill our Treasure Boxes at the Packing Party. Contact us to sign up.
- Saturday, Sept. 3rd 10-11AM at 14281 O’Neal Rd Gulfport, MS 39503 (Northwood Church)
- Volunteer to visit in person with residents at a specific facility on Saturday, Sept. 10th. Volunteers will spend one hour with residents, participating in games and activities. Registration for this will open this summer.
For more information call my office, 228-206-5902, or contact me through email (link to contact form).